I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award!
Sunshine Award rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post on your blog.
- Answer 1o questions about yourself.
- nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
It doesn’t seem a long list so may as well get started!
Most importantly, I’d like to thank my sponsors…oh wait…I don’t have any of those! However, I would like to thank the lovely ray of sunshine who nominated me…Olga, you little designchickee (http://designchickee.wordpress.com/ how absolutely awesome can one chickee be?! It was a huge surprise to be nominated, especially by someone whose blog I so totally and completely love! Thank You!
Answers to the 10 questions about myself:
- My favourite colour: Currently, Orange – it is everywhere. In my home furnishings and wardrobe!
- My favourite animal: Kookaburra – (king fisher, love their song that sounds like they are drunk with laughter).
- My favourite number: 3 – it’s just a pretty number
- My favourite drink: Tall, skinny latte – and make it full strength!
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook – I can share pics with all the friends back in the US all at the same time.
- My passion: Travel. How many stamps can I get in my passport before I die? Not that I plan to die any time soon!
- Prefer giving or getting presents: Depends on who is giving and who I am giving to.
- My favourite pattern: Love a good paisley.
- My favourite day of the week: Whatever day I have off – usually Monday or Tuesday.
- My favourite flower: Peonie followed closely by lisanthia.
And for bringing sunshine right to my laptop every day, here are my Nominations for the Sunshine Award:
- Who Planned This? http://whoplannedthis.com/ another Laura, on the other side of the world who is sharing her great style and clever self with the rest of us.
- Miles at Obsessions, http://joybound.wordpress.com/ . A fellow traveller on the path of dressing out of our own closet. She has been at longer and has a better sense of humour about the whole thing!
- Helena Handbasket, http://ninhydrin.wordpress.com/ , she is smart, funny and brave. Sharing her life’s ups and downs with the rest of us…and always with a smile.
- Fashion Mashie, http://fashionmashie.com/ . One more traveller on the road to mixing and matching what we already own. Haven’t seen a post yeat that wasn’t lit up by her smiling face. Very supportive co-traveller.
- http://housewifedownunder.wordpress.com/, Housewife Downunder. I have felt her pain. Packing up and moving to a new country. Leaving the US behind to come from the land downunder. She is very well spoken and has amazing insight.
- One of my Australian Fashionista friends, Turning Heads Downunder, http://turningheadsaustralia.wordpress.com/. Covering the fashion world with a special focus on the Brisbane area. Viva BrisVegas!
- Ahhhh, Dana at Fashion Tag, http://thefashiontag.wordpress.com/ . So kind and supportive. And such great style. You’d hate her if she just wasn’t so darn good at covering all things stylish!
- Jody from Thrift Shopping Buzz, http://thriftshoppingbuzz.com/ . You have to love a lady who has committed to shopping green and looking good while she does it!
- She’s a writer, designer and creative thinker…meet Jensine at Jensinewall, http://jensinewall.wordpress.com/ .
- And finally, my favourite ladybug who chatters on about high heels and pinot grigio! She also has the best bob after Anna Wintour, http://bugwear.wordpress.com/ .
Reading these blogs warms my heart which is why they have been nominated for the Sunshine Award! If you haven’t visited them, I highly recommend you remedy that now! 🙂