Since we were talking about drinks trolley’s yesterday, I thought I would share a little group of items inspired by Limoncello!
I think I have also been inspired by the sunshine that seems to be making a daily appearance now. I even noticed the jonquils are starting to bloom in the garden which means warmer weather is on the way. Lemons will be plentiful and a nice chilled glass of limoncello will be handy to have around.
But before we get to drinking it, we have to make it.
And just to get you in the Limoncello mode I gave pulled together some limoncello inspired photos.
I’m not a huge yellow fan. Just can’t seem to find the right shade. But, I love the long skirt and think I could wear that as it’s not next to my face and I have to say I think the yellow, grey and white dress and the yellow dress Olivia Palermo is wearing are quite lovely.
Now on to the making so we can sit back and have a drink of sunshine.
10 – 60 minutes
- 6 lemons
- 750ml (3 cups) vodka
- 225g (1 cup) white sugar
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- Place the lemons in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1 hour to soak. Drain. Pat dry. Finely grate the lemon. Combine lemon rind and vodka in a jug.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 3 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Add syrup to the vodka mixture. Pour into sterilised airtight bottles. Seal and store in a cool, dark place, shaking occasionally, for 1 month to develop the flavours.
- Strain the vodka mixture through a fine sieve. Discard the rind. Pour into a clean sterilised airtight bottle.
Tip: This luscious lemon liqueur must be served well chilled. Place it in the freezer for one hour before serving.
Make this recipe up to 1 month ahead.
(This recipe is from Taste.com.au)
- Extra Lemons? Tasty Limoncello. Hopefully. (csquaredculinaryadventures.wordpress.com)
- Hump Day Cocktail: Limoncello Martini (whattheflicka.com)
- Pops of Yellow; Brighten Your Style (hillarydijon.com)
- Yellow, yellower, mustard (styletoimpress.wordpress.com)