I’m heading to Melbourne this morning to catch the next two days of Melbourne Spring Fashion Week!
I promise to take lots of photos and keep you all updated but for this morning I’m sharing with you some photos from yesterdays David Jones runway on Day 1. The David Jones show was all about looks for the Spring Racing Carnival that starts in October with Caulfield Cup and the Cox Plate and runs through the beginning of November with Derby Day, Melbourne Cup Day, Oaks Day and finishes with Emirates Stakes Day.
I’ll cover fashions for each of these racing days later but for now, some of the highlights of Day 1 at MSFW 2012 thanks to David Jones.
All photos by Nicole Cleary
Ladylike: Pastels and Lace – perfect for Oaks Day (aka Ladies Day)
Melbourne Cup Day: Brights, Prints, Colour Blocking – all great looks for Melbourne Cup Day…after all, it is the race that stops the nation!
Classic Derby Day: It’s all about Black and White for Derby Day.
Emirates Stakes Day: I love this indigo suit by Bianca Spender for Emirates Stakes Day. It’s family day, you may be running around after the young ones and if you have been in dresses all week a suit may be the perfect way to finish up Spring Racing Carnival. Plus it’s just a fantastic suit!
Over the next few days I will keep you updated about the runways, trends and street style going on in Melbourne during Melbourne Spring Fashion Week 2012!
Hope you all enjoy it as much as I hope to!
- Be Inspired – Melbourne Spring Fashion Week 2012 (astimegoesbuy.me)
- The Launch of the 18th Melbourne Fashion week (fashionising.com)
- 5 Designers We’re Keeping Tabs on This Fashion Week- and Why (fabsugar.com)
- The 7 Foolproof Fashion Week Survival Tips We Live (and Style) By (fabsugar.com)
- Melbourne Spring Fashion Week 2012 – Runway Day 2 and 3 (astimegoesbuy.me)