- 1 cup unsalted pistachio kernels (you can use blanched almonds if you prefer)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Finely chop 1/2 cup pistachios. Transfer to a bowl.
Step 2Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda over chopped pistachios. Add sugar and remaining pistachios. Stir to combine. Add honey and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir until mixture just starts to come together. Using your hands, knead until well combined.
Step 3Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 18cm log. Press down slightly to flatten. Place on 1 baking tray. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and firm. Remove from oven. Cool. Reduce oven temperature to 150°C/130°C fan-forced.
Step 4Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1cm slices. Place slices, in a single layer, on 2 trays. Cook for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and firm. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Serve.
- Liquor 43 (a lovely Spanish liquor)
- Amaretto (an almond flavoured liquor)
- Apple Juice
- Crushed almonds
Place one part Liquor 43, one part Amaretto, two parts apple juice and one tablespoon of honey in a shaker. Shake until honey is dissolved.
Add in ice and shake until mixture is chilled. Pour into a glass (with or without the ice).
Sprinkle a pinch of crushed almonds over the top and serve.
I must warn you, this is like a liquid desert and you’ll be tempted to have another! They are pack a pretty good punch for something so sweet.
Hope you enjoy these honey, honey inspired recipes.
- Spiced Honey Cake (kabcphotography.wordpress.com)
- honey-butter muffins + grampa’s gourmet honey giveaway (tutti-dolci.com)
- Tea Party II: Honey Pistachio Orange Cake on Thursday (breakfastsocks.wordpress.com)
- Jamie’s Apple and Honey Cake (wimshulcooks.wordpress.com)
- Spring 2012 – Honey Inspiration (astimegoesbuy.me)