Before you get upset, hear me out. I don’t want to go green! But it’s not about being ecologically friendly, that I am all for. It’s about the Pantone colour of the year for 2013…Emerald.
I just don’t think I can do it!
Emerald is a beautiful colour, and stone. I even own a few things with a bit of green in them. One shirt, one pair of shoes, a knit vest and a winter puff vest. However, both the knit and winter vest are a lime green, the shoes are a dark green and brown sort of camouflage print. The one shirt is a paisley print with greens and blues, you might remember it from here.
I’m not a green person…occasionally green with envy, and sometimes a little green around the gills, if I won the lottery I could be rolling in the green…but dressing in green…it freaks me right out!
I keep having visions of the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz.
And lets face it…green wasn’t an easy colour for Elspeth either!
I suppose with time, I could be persuaded in some small way to increase the green in my wardrobe, but I’m more likely to turn blue from holding my breath.
… if I keep seeing fantastic images like these, I may be an easier convert than I think! I’m kind of loving those metallic brogues and the sequin top.
I guess in 2013 we will see if I buy in to the hoopla or if I stick to my initial “I don’t want to go green” attitude.
What about you? Are you already in the green, going for green or going to pass on this one?
- Doing It Right: Pantone’s Emerald in Children’s Rooms (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Emerald City: Try Out Pantone’s New Color of the Year on Your Nails (fashionista.com)
- Get inspired… Pantone and jewel tones (ladolceidea.wordpress.com)
- Inspired By: Pantone’s 2013 Color of the Year – Emerald (fashionforbreakfast.com)
- Emerald is the Color of the Year! (chateauandbungalow.com)