It’s now time for Floral Fling part II!
Last week it was about the fashion, this week it is just about the flowers. You may remember that I had a couple of hours to kill so opted for some sunshine and a walk around the local botanical gardens last week. Well it’s full on mid-summer so there aren’t lot’s of bright flowers out right now but I still managed to get a couple of nice shots that will qualify for floral fling.
There were hundreds of butterflies flitting about these purple blooms. It was quite pretty to watch them land for a moment and then launch themselves to the next flower. These hot orange flowers are merely a reflection of the intensity of the sun!
With the weather so hot it only makes sense that the succulents are having their time to shine in the gardens. I love all the varieties and colours. They can be very delicate looking for a plant that is so hardy. These little orange burst s of colour are like mini fireworks.
I’m not sure what it is about gum tree‘s that fascinate me so. I’m very fond of the way they smell after a rain, twisted their branches are and how there leaves are all bunched up at the end of the branches like pom-poms in a cheerleaders hand. When I first moved to Australia, I used to stare out at the horizon watching the sun set behind a grove of gums and feel so at ease.
Hope you enjoyed my little summer floral fling and fascination!
- How to Do Floral Decor Without Overdoing It (apartmentguide.com)
- More Nature-Elements in Interior-Designs. (florafocus.wordpress.com)
- Floral Fireworks: A Simple Yet Beautiful Time-Lapse of Flowers Blooming (petapixel.com)
- INSPIRATION: floral prints (forclarification.wordpress.com)
- Grab Some Flowers And Get Going (aquariuschronicles.wordpress.com)