As promised yesterday, I was inspired by finding all the April Fool’s Gold so today I have put together my own Black + Gold look, since it’s trending around the globe.
The Look: This really was an easy look to put together. A pair of black waxed jeans from Target, straight cut, long length and a pale gold glittery sweater I purchased last year, making its first run out since the weather began to cool. As the sweater is a little big I tend to wear a neutral coloured t-shirt underneath, both for added warmth and to make sure I don’t end up flashing bra all over the place.
The Accessories: From that base I simply started adding things that were either black or gold. I knew for the extra WOW Factor I wanted to wear my statement hammered gold necklace, purchased last year after my shopping fast as part of my lust-have list. A stack of black and gold bangles, my favourite black wedges with their edgy style and I finished it off with the graphic look of my clutch.
And just in case you thought I forgot that April is supposed to be a little foolish and hopefully a fair bit fun…I think I have proved that I can be both!
Even when dressed in black + gold.
What do you think of my black + gold look? How are you planning to wear this trend?
- Golden Skirt (theodoralexington.wordpress.com)
- Wear your gold heels (firitnopi.wordpress.com)
- Top Trends From London Fashion Week That You’ll Actually Wear In 2013! (beefelle.com)
- Dark casual with a tint of gold and dramatic pink (wrappedinvogue.wordpress.com)
- How To Wear Oversized Sweaters In The Winter! (beautyguruforlife.wordpress.com)