I know those of you in the Northern Hemisphere have already celebrated the arrival of Spring and done the daylight savings thing. Here in the Southern Hemisphere…or at least in Australia…tonight we are going the other direction. It’s time for us to Fall Back, which means autumn is knocking on our door as we roll the clock back one hour tonight.
In all honesty, I’m not looking forward to it. I will grumble constantly about the shorter days and start counting down to the winter solstice when the days will start becoming longer. I don’t know if it’s an age and hormone thing or if it’s a being thinner thing but I really “FEEL” the cold…and I don’t like it!
Right now I am feeling extremely jealous of you up north with your coming of Spring and Summer. I’m going to miss my great collection of open-toed shoes. I guess for a while I can wear them with socks and tights. After all, I did do a couple of posts about it. May as well walk the walk and walk in those shoes so to speak.
Even though Emerald Green is not my thing, Pantone certainly has highlighted a number of great colours for me to embrace with the coming cold. In fact, I already have quite a bit of the rest of the Fall 2013 Color Report colors in my wardrobe. Not that it will keep me from finding some new items this winter!
Guess I’ll go change the clocks, tuck myself in and dream of shopping…and Spring. In other words, Fall Back to my standard winter routine!
- Who’s saving with “Daylight Saving Time”? (dsgnmomonline.wordpress.com)
- How scientists decide when spring has sprung (science.nbcnews.com)
- Spring in the Northern Hemisphere (theinfp.com)
- Autumn is coming (patriciamanhire.wordpress.com)
- Growing temperature contrast between northern and southern hemispheres likely to have big impacts on rainfall (summitcountyvoice.com)