This may be one of the easiest lists I have ever made. In fact limiting myself to only 7 reasons why Mitchell Harris is my favourite wine might be tough!
If you haven’t had a Mitchell Harris wine – you need to soon!
7 Reasons why Mitchell Harris is my Favourite Wine:
1. The Rose – this is
not NOT some silly sweet Rose that may as well be sugar-water. This is a beautiful dry and savory drop that is PERFECT to drink when the weather warms and it makes a great accompaniment to Turkey. Which is perfect for paying homage to my American roots and celebrating American Thanksgiving in the warm weather of November.
2. The Fume’ – I have to admit, I didn’t even know what Fume’ was until after meeting the Mitchell’s and Harris’. But man am I glad to have been introduced. It’s made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes and almost has a bubbly texture. Impossible for a novice like me to describe but even more impossible for me to put down!
3. The Sangiovese – It’s all black cherries and dark chocolate and completely amazing! One of my all time favourite drops of all the grapes because it goes so well with many of my favourite foods.
4. If you have met the Mitchell Harris team – you will love them instantly. Four of the nicest, most friendly and passionate about good wine and food, young people I have ever met. Yes, I say young people because none of them is over 45 and I know they have been at this dream for at least 10 years.
5. They have opened a tasting cellar/ wine bar here in Ballarat that has quickly become my favourite place to go with the Fashion Mister. The four owners are there regularly…actually all the time according to Alicia…the staff are some of the best in the region and you are welcomed and comfortable whether you are one or 10.
6. The wine bar is B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L! They have taken an old tired brick building that was once a white-goods shop and transformed it into a lovely open space by taking everything back to the brick walls and wood floors. It’s like having a cool Melbourne/Brunswick spot here in Ballarat.
7. They have the tiniest kitchen ever and some truly amazing food comes out of it! They had been working with a local artisan baker to get just the right brioche bun to go with their Pulled-Pork sliders and I can tell you they are AMAZING! The Fashion Mister and I were practically fighting over them last week.
I could go on and on but I’ll show you the rest. You may have already seen some of the upstairs function room in my shift dress post or yesterdays “What to Wear” post.
There are the first 7 reasons why Mitchell Harris is my favourite wine!
- Classic Hits – The Shift Dress (astimegoesbuy.me)
- Wine and food Pairing: A Primer (redenvelope.com)
- Happy Hour (mahoganybacon.wordpress.com)
- Wine Chat: Talk to a winemaker (theprovince.com)