I wanted to share more Great Gatsby inspiration with you all.
In fact, while researching the Great Gatsby, I found SO MUCH inspiration that you may see it running throughout any number of articles this month! I’m thinking we should start with some modern looks, inspired by the Jazz Era, Roaring 20s, Art Deco and the Great Gatsby.
You knew that I would have lots of Ralph Lauren inspiration! I love them all and would have every piece in my wardrobe if I could afford it. And you probably remember my “quest” to own those robins egg blue pants, which led to me owning a pair in a mint colour. Chances are pretty high that you’ll see them again in this month of Gatsby inspiration.
Of course you can see from above that Gucci was also inspired by the Art Deco of the period and I am sure you all know that Miuccia Prada created a number of gowns for the movie “The Great Gatsby”. Many of which, I would gladly wear now.
I’m thinking since the 26th of this month is International Jazz Day, that is a clear signal that dedicating this month to all things fashionable from that era is a winner. Naturally, I’ll put my twist on things!
Which modern-day designer has done the Jazz Age best?
- ‘Glamorous art deco’ style to be prominent in homes (uia.co.uk)
- Great Gatsby | Baz Luhrmann | Set Design | Deco (interiorsbystudiom.com)
- ‘Great Gatsby’ Unique Fashion of 1920s (lastyleme.wordpress.com)
- Sue Wong’s The Great Gatsby Soiree Spotlights Her Spectacular Fall 2013 Collection (prweb.com)
- The Great Gatsby, Catherine Martin at Her Best! (lmlifestyledesign.wordpress.com)
- Going Great Gatsby (astimegoesbuy.me)