Okay, this one is a H-U-G-E stretch…but once I justify myself hopefully you will understand why I am calling it Soaring 20s – Not Roaring.
1. My editorial calendar says it’s “Bird Day“. Now I could have gone SO many directions with that one but as the only article of clothing I own that is somewhat related is the short-sleeved shirt with feathers on it that I shared with you when I bought my silk mint-green Ralph Lauren pants this past summer, there weren’t a lot of fashion options.
2. As I have declared May “The Great Gatsby” month of inspiration, I wanted to stay on theme.
So…to bring all that together?
Bird related photos from our trip to Egypt!
As I warned, Soaring 20s – Not Roaring…a bit of a stretch. I have a piece of onyx jewelry (very art deco) and a mother-of-pearl scarab beetle both purchased while in Egypt. Either of them could have come from the roaring – soaring 20s.
- More Great Gatsby Inspiration (astimegoesbuy.me)
- The Roaring 20s (thestylelatte.wordpress.com)
- Great Gatsby film is cue for elegance in tough times (guardian.co.uk)